304 stainless steel is a nationally recognized food grade stainless steel. Because the special feature of stainless steel is determined by two elements, which are chromium and nickel. There is no stainless steel without chromium, and the amount of nickel determines the value of stainless steel.
The reason why 304 stainless steel kitchenware can maintain luster in the air and is not easy to rust is because it contains a certain amount of chromium alloy elements (not less than 10.5%), which can make the surface of the steel form a solid layer that is insoluble in certain media. oxide film.
After adding nickel element, the performance of stainless steel kitchen utensils is further improved. It has good chemical stability in air, water and steam, and it also has sufficient stability in many kinds of acid, alkali and salt aqueous solutions, even at high temperature. Or in a low temperature environment, it can still maintain its advantages of corrosion resistance.
People often ask if 304 stainless steel kitchen utensils will not rust? 304 stainless steel kitchen utensils are not rust-free, but are less likely to rust than other steel kitchen utensils.
304 stainless steel mainly relies on a layer of extremely thin, firm, fine and stable chromium-rich oxide film (protective film) formed on its surface to prevent the continuous infiltration and oxidation of oxygen atoms, and obtain the ability to resist corrosion. Once the film is damaged for some reason, the oxygen atoms in the air or liquid will continue to infiltrate or the iron atoms in the metal will continue to ionize, forming loose iron oxide, and the surface of stainless steel kitchenware will be continuously rusted. There are many forms of damage to this surface film, and the most common ones in daily kitchen activities are as follows:
1. Decoration impurities: Alkaline water, lime water, oil stains, etc. on the walls of the decoration remain on the surface of the stainless steel. If not cleaned in time, it will cause local corrosion and rust spots.
2. Iron items: Iron nails, iron wires and other iron tools left on stainless steel kitchen utensils for a long time will cause floating rust and yellow spots on the surface.
3. Organic juice: chemical agents, cleaning agents, paints, sauces, oil stains, tea leaves, etc. remain on the surface of stainless steel kitchen utensils for a long time, causing mildew, discoloration and local corrosion.
4. Metal dust: Metal dust with minerals or acid and alkali in the house falls on the surface of stainless steel kitchen utensils. When it encounters humid gas and condensed water between stainless steel, it triggers electrochemical reactions to form yellow spots and rust spots.
5. Impurities in water pipes: There are iron filings and rusty water in the water pipes. When these impurities stay on the stainless steel surface and are not washed in time, rust spots and rust spots will appear.
So how to maintain 304 stainless steel kitchenware so that it is not easy to rust? Today, the editor will introduce several methods to you for your reference.
1. Wipe off water stains before heating: because during heating, sulfur dioxide and sulfur trioxide produced by combustion will produce sulfurous acid and sulfuric acid when they meet water, which will affect the service life of stainless steel kitchen utensils.
2. Keep the stainless steel kitchen utensils clean: Remember to keep the kitchen utensils clean and scrub frequently, especially after storing vinegar, soy sauce and other condiments, and keep the kitchen utensils dry. In this way, the kitchen utensils will not be corroded and have defects, and can maintain a beautiful image.
3. Applying vegetable oil can prolong the life of stainless steel kitchen utensils: Before use, you can apply a thin layer of vegetable oil on the surface of the kitchen utensils, and then put them on the fire to dry, which is equivalent to applying a protective film on the surface of the kitchen utensils.
In this way, it is not only easy to clean, but also prolongs the service life.
4. Do not use strong alkali for cleaning: Do not use strong alkaline or strong oxidizing baking soda, bleaching powder, etc. for cleaning
Guangdong zhenneng Stainless Steel Products Co., Ltd. has been focusing on R&D and production of stainless steel pots and utensils for many years, and is professional because of its focus. These include wide-sided pot series, edge-cut pot series, composite steel pot series, hotel pot series, special-shaped pot series and so on.
The products have passed a series of standard tests such as LGA, LFGB, FDA, etc., and won the love of our customers.
(Some materials on this website come from the Internet. If the information displayed on this website violates your copyright or other legal rights, please notify us in time, and this website will be deleted in time.)